Friday, January 20, 2017

Thanks God for Sharing!





The first moment I saw him, he stole my heart.  The first moment he saw me, he refused to share a smile.  I knew I could not live without him within the first hour of meeting him.  He wasn’t so sure about my presence in his life during that first hour of meeting him.  The first moment I saw him, I didn’t want to leave his side.  The first moment he saw me, he moved in the opposite direction as fast as he could.

Well, despite the first impression, he had no choice but to allow me in his life.  Months of one-on-one time opened a door of trust.  Countless nights of pacing the halls together until sleep occurred created a deep bond.  Cuddling during times of illness helped him realize the love felt for him.  Meeting basic needs day in and day out brought comfort.  He began to share his smile with me daily.  He began to run with open arms toward me.

About 13 years ago, a little man provided the best gift I ever received – his heart.  Memories stack up to display a beautiful life thus far.  I cannot fathom life without such joy, laughter and growing moments throughout the day.  This little man grew too fast right before my very eyes.

My son, 13 years old, standing near face to face with me, holds my heart in his hands.  I love him to pieces.  I thank God for writing me into my son’s story.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

My son’s story may not reflect a classic fairytale.  My son’s story reads a little rough from time to time.  My son’s story flows just as God intended.  What the enemy meant for harm, God transformed into beauty.  God brought my son and I together through an amazing love story.  Everything planned by God!  I hold absolutely no doubts we belong together.
 
My son taught me what love truly means.  My son taught me patience and continues to do so currently.  Patience comes in love.  Loving this little guy every day required placing his concern over mine.  Moving from selfish to selfless built patience.

My son taught me kindness, humility, confidence and respect.  His smile lights a room.  His funny quirks and quick comebacks formed the laugh lines on my face!  In humility, I face the position of being mother daily.  In kindness, I try diligently to keep my cool in tough situations.  In confidence, I walk the path God planned for my life knowing full well He will provide the tools required for completion.

My son taught me to demolish my resentment box.  No more listing one’s wrongs to be used against them later.  We all fall short of His Glory daily.  Grace is the answer!

My son taught me true protection, meaning of trust, hope for tomorrow and perseverance.  To provide protection means to be a safe place to fall.  I cannot hover over every situation (which I would love to do), but I must send him in this world with the foundation built on love.  God provided this boy for me and God will be with him always.  He is God’s first; I am simply blessed to share this boy with God.  I look forward in hope to all the memories and lessons that lay ahead in our story.

My son taught me love.  Thank you my dearest boy for teaching me!  Thank you my dearest boy for bringing joy back in my life!




It’s DAY TWENTY. . .what a glorious day to celebrate?
   
Live life. . .One Day at a time!
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment