Thursday, January 5, 2017

Place a Star on Today!



Date night: the ultimate greatest and best moment in a woman’s life (my opinion)!  It involves an evening filled with pampering.  Whether dating stage or married stage, the night offers ample opportunity to grow even closer to a loved one.  In today’s times, endless options for activities to choose exist.  The couple could choose to catch the latest movie along with fine dining or create a cheaper option with date night on their comfy couch after enjoying a dinner made together.  Whatever the itinerary, this time stands as the most precious moments in a couple’s life.

Looking ahead at the family calendar and seeing a date night listed fills my heart with joy.  Knowing a day lay ahead that I can spend quality time with my best friend provides enough strength to make it through the longest of week.  I love talking with my husband, leaving the stresses of the everyday behind and just enjoying time next to the one I love the most!  I adore my children, don’t get me wrong, but date night stands #1 on list of must do to remain sane!



I would look forward to such nights, holding them in the forefront of thoughts each day leading up to the moment.  I would star the date on the calendar, daydream about what to wear, possibly get a fresh haircut and focus solely on the day ahead.  Hanging with my husband brings much joy in life – for real!  Nothing seems wrong with such passion for just us hanging out, right?  Possibly. . .

The problem comes when these moments lay the foundation on which I live.  My heart looks forward to these dates on the calendar; all the while losing the joy in the present moment.  I preach to the kids all the time to avoid wishing time away.  My daughter says often, “I can’t wait until Saturday to play basketball,” or, “I wish it were Spring Break now.”  I tell her that many great moments exist between now and then; therefore, embrace today, enjoy and celebrate each day until the one you anticipate ahead.

Well, my dear friends, I have made the decision to heed my own advice (dangerous, I know)!  Today will be a great day.  Yes, a date night lay ahead for me and the hubby; but, today can be just as wonderful living it together with him.  Date nights must remain #1 on the list for all couples.  Remember also to take every day given - surrounded by loved ones, meeting new people, walking along the mundane path - and live for God.  Every moment matters to Him.  Look forward to relaxing.  Look forward to quality time.  Look forward to pleasures this side of Heaven.  BUT – remember every day is a gift given to you from your Heavenly Father.  Accept the gift and use it wisely.

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.  Colossians 3:23-24

Keep both eyes on Him.  Praise Him for the gift of life.  We are not promised any more than the moment we live now.  Praise Him for the opportunity to be His hands and feet RIGHT NOW.  Live today in the present.  The past wrote your story up until this moment – learn from it and let it go – you do not live in it anymore.  The future holds purpose – build yourself today the foundation of Truth and gain strength from Him to prepare for such that lay ahead.  But, most importantly, live in the moment – the present needs 100% attention.  Enjoy today!  Place a star on today in the calendar. . .and every day following!    

It’s DAY FIVE. . .will you make this day great?
   
Live life. . .One Day at a time!
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment