Sunday, January 1, 2017

DAY ONE!

It’s DAY ONE!  Most rang in the New Year wide awake, beginning this day prior to the usual nightly nap.  I, on the other hand, stuck to the normal routine and hit the pillow a couple hours shy of DAY ONE.  Oh, but my beautiful little angel would not allow the ball to reveal 2017 without her mother’s eyes open and the loudest noise maker going off in celebration.  So, technically, I rung in the New Year along with the rest of the world! ;-)

In all seriousness. . .it is DAY ONE!  Time to veer in direction of change.  Leave the past behind, shake up the mundane and begin afresh.  Let me provide a grand secret whilst the desire to change hinges on the world’s view of you. . .you no longer need to live up to the broken world’s standards.  The world changes their standards daily.  To keep up with such changes will cause your head to spin.

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’  John15:18-25 

Remember to Whom you belong.  The fickle world can continue; while we look to God for guidance and shine His light to one person at a time.  This time of year creates a landmine for me, working to destroy the light within.  Through the dark moments each day I work diligently to keep the sword held high (His Word) and demolish anything not of His Truth.

The world wants to ‘get back on track’ starting Monday, right?  Gyms will be full; grocery stores will sell out of ‘healthy foods’ and most increase intake of water (rather than sugar filled beverages or alcohol).  I tiptoe around such conversations to avoid the explosion inside my thoughts that I need to follow the crowd and create the same goals.  I must remain focused on my recovery and path in life.  I must keep God first, the Armor a little tighter than usual and Truth plastered in every room.  I must find strength in Him, not the world.

Same goes for you!  You are beautifully and wonderfully made in His image and created for a purpose only YOU can complete.  Exam YOU when deciding on changes desired for 2017.  Keep eyes on the mirror and drown out the words of the world.  Be YOU today.  Build strength, passion and love with each step.

Today, I choose to look at my reflection through His eyes NOT the world’s.  I choose to focus on the path laid for my life and advance at God’s speed.  I choose to live today a full life and create memories worth talking about!



It’s DAY ONE. . .how will you choose to live it?
   
Live life. . .One Day at a time!
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment