Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Good Ol' Sun



I am fed up!  I cannot take it anymore!

These words I express loudly as another day passes full of clouds.  The sun obviously forgot how to shine.  Failing in its duty, the lack of sunshine steals motivation.  Gloomy, dark days set the scene for cuddling in bed with a good book/movie.  Gray atmospheres lead to dampened spirits.
 
This girl is ready to move south!  The warmth, sunshine and bright atmosphere fills this girl with joy.  Beauty can be found when the sun decides to shine.  Sunsets create picture worthy moments.  Sunrises set the scene for going into the world and experiencing life.

So, maybe I suffer slightly with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  I HATE being cold.  I HATE lack of sunshine.  I HATE the darkness old man winter provides.  So, yes, I do suffer slightly from SAD.  Named rightfully so, those suffering feel sad.  The science behind SAD, which I will not bore you with, brings much interest to me.  Cool part about it all – the body can find other ways to create the same feelings that the good ol’ sunshine provides.

I know I am not alone in the struggle.  I will let you in on a little secret I learned over the years of suffering.  First, increase Vitamin D3!  Then, find your own sunshine.  Okay, warmth may not arise on the surface; but, finding your own sunshine will provide warmth from within.  For example, forcing movement!  Even if it is walking around the house cleaning – MOVE!  This increases neurotransmitters (sorry, the science part of it) that will enhance the happy in you.  Movement can come in playing with the kids as well.  These little guys are very creative inside the house with a few blankets, boxes and chairs!

Sunshine surrounds my day, though gloom hovers over outside.  I work with a wonderful staff, one in particular, that shines daily.  She holds no judgement, listens at ANY time, smiles, greets every morning and helps ALWAYS.  I live with sunshine.  All three of my loved ones shine daily.  The love expended toward me fills my heart completely.

That is all fine and dandy; but, what if those individuals have a day where the sun chose not to shine in them?  What if I have a day when I see none of my sun shining people?  I cannot rely on this world to be my sunshine.

God shines always.  His light never fades.  His love never fails.  His spirit forever lives.
 
I place God’s Light in every room I enter; therefore, the sun shines all day long.  I have booklets of Scriptures written to read at each moment.  I pray continuously as having a conversation with my best friend.  I place the armor required for each day carefully over my body.  I trust that God will shine despite the gloomy environment.  I may have to look REALLY hard in most situations; but, trust me, He is there shining brightly.

Just when my shoulders begin to slump, eyes well up in tears, giving up seems the answer and gloom takes over, God shows up!  Preparing our spirits before facing the day allows God to overpower any gloom.  Trust Him to shine on today.  Be amazed at all the people He uses and the unique ways He finds to prove His presence in your situation.  Find your sunshine today!  
 
It’s DAY TWENTY-FIVE. . .where will your sunshine rise?

All that being said, I still would love to be anywhere but in the middle of winter gloom right now. . .






Live life. . .One Day at a time!
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment