Sunday, January 22, 2017

Right Here, Right Now



Every morning holds new opportunity to begin anew.  Yesterday remains in history.  Tomorrow sits in the distance.  Where is your focus?

Focus on new opportunity provides hope, purpose and joy.  Focus on history keeps one in bondage.  Focus on the distance fills one with anxiety.

The here and now requires full attention.  You are needed in today.  You are needed in this moment.
Our minds run 90MPH trying to assure all things are completed.  Calendars fill with plans to come.  Preparation required for upcoming events, vacations, meetings, etc.  The world works diligently to steal our attention from the here and now.  In doing so, we lose out on strengthened relationships, opportunity, memories and peace.

Keep focus – easier said than done.  I am one that constantly thinks about the next step before taking the current one.  This flaw usually results in error, accidents and failure to enjoy the moment.  I know I am doing it, but just cannot find the slow down button in my mind.  Speeding through life causes pain, sickness, loneliness and sorrow.  So, what causes me to continually speed through?

FEAR!  Fear of failure.  Fear of rejection.  Fear of being found out.  

I work too hard to reach perfection (which never comes).  Perfection becomes my worst enemy.  Perfection never will describe a day.  In striving for perfection, I miss life.

I hide behind a mask to fit in society.  I hover in the corner, trying not to be seen and avoid criticism.  If others can’t see me or hear me, then they cannot judge.  Judgement breaks me down.  Criticism tears me apart.  In avoiding others, I miss relationship.

I run from the past.  The past labels consume my thoughts.  I see them each as mistakes.  In keeping the past hidden, I miss ministry.

The above paragraphs describe an older version of me.  I have grown through His Word and realize I am who I am!  God created my inmost being.  He knew what He was getting when choosing me to come into this world.  He knew every flaw, failure, mistake and misery I would encounter.  Yet, He still chose me to come into this world and serve Him.

The same is true for YOU!  Failure – no need to fear it, for it will occur.  Rejection – no need to worry, the world will reject you just as they did to Jesus.  Being found out – no need to hide, for history writes the story God will use in mighty ways.  Believe me dear friends, God will use you right here, right now.  Focus on the opportunity of today.  Give full attention to this moment.  The past is history used in today.  The future is yet to come and God will provide all you need to face it.
 
Psalm 139!  Print it out, read it over and believe His Truth.  

You are here, right now for a might purpose.  Every moment lived thus far holds meaning.  The world needs you, 100% attention, at this moment.      

It’s DAY TWENTY-TWO. . .will you cherish this moment?
   
Live life. . .One Day at a time!
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment