Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Worry Wobbles

The days of Summer continue to zoom passed.  My son plans for cross country, while my daughter mulls over upcoming challenges and excitement the 2016-2017 school year holds.  I sit and wonder where the time has gone.  My son will enter middle school, stands almost eye to eye with me and continues to take on more responsibility each day.  My daughter boasts character traits of a teenager, enters the 3rd grade and struggles with confidence in the beautiful person God created her to be. 

My mind ventures in all directions as mom.  Worry pushes diligently against faith.  Faith promises each child will be fine in every situation because God protects, cherishes and works all things out for the good of those who love Him.  Worry shouts back that mom knows what these kids need and it is to stay in a bubble at home away from troubles/trials.  Faith confirms these kids need troubles/trials and living amongst society to bring strength, maturity and reliance on God.  Worry screams the memories of pain, sadness and struggles my past reveals; reminding that I do not want these kids to experience the same.  Faith stands firm on Truth.  Worry wobbles on lies. 

Faith or worry, which shall I choose?  Faith never changes.  Faith never leaves.  Faith never lets down.  Worry creates a roller coaster of thoughts dependent on the situation.  Worry comes in the weakest moment and scurries in the presence of strength.  Worry always brings down.

Hmmmmm. . .I really don’t think the decision is difficult.  I place my children in the hands of the One Who knows best.  I ask to be a mere vessel for His Truth to be spoken, lived out and revealed to my children.  He trusted me with these two and believes I am the best mom for them.  With that Truth, I feel blessed and honored beyond words. 

Will I mess up?  Every day!  But, by the grace of God, the faith in Him and planting His Truth in my heart daily, I will make it through.  These kids will know that perfection does not exist.  These kids will know God is the One to look to for acceptance – NOT this world.  In this world we will experience trials, tribulation and a gamut of emotions; but, faith will see us through!

Love these two with all my heart, soul and mind. . . 








Live life. . .One Day at a Time
Sheree Craig   



No comments:

Post a Comment