Thursday, July 28, 2016

Who Holds Your Worry






Life continues rapidly passing before me.  I stood for weeks at a fork in the road; the decision for the next step out of my control.  Both directions appeared beneficial.  Both directions contained hills requiring greater energy expenditure.  Both directions required care when traveling due to occasional potholes.  Nonetheless, taking the next step depended on others reaction/decision.  Nerves increased each time a decision seemed to be near.  I prepared for either, but the indecisive period wreaked havoc on my nerves.

The unknown can be scary.  Having a plan in place brings comfort.  Knowing the end of a story decreases the emotions as each chapter unfolds. 

I hold a strong character trait that brings frustration when things don’t work as planned or in perfect order.  Labels received throughout life include perfectionist, obsessive-compulsive, rigid, set in ways, predictable, etc.  Negative emphasis followed each label.  I felt that something was wrong with me and guilt dwelled inside.  I felt I did not trust God enough or was not a ‘good’ Christian if worry entered the scene due to life’s uncertainties. 

I have since discovered worry does not equal ‘bad’ Christian or failure to trust God.  Worry comes naturally in the flesh.  The unknowns in life dwell in our thoughts and the famous what if question arises.  This pivotal point defines the moment of choosing God or the enemy for guidance.  Worry given to God turns to worship, praise, comfort, joy and peace.  Worry given to the enemy turns to warring thoughts, distraught, anger, sadness and blindness. 

Since choosing God’s Truths in life, I still have worry that wells up inside as each day unfolds without prediction; BUT, I have peace knowing that He goes before me each day to pave the way.  He steps every step I will travel, providing direction with each moment faced.  He provides strength with each day that will prepare for the next.  He knows the end of the story.  He holds the plan.

After weeks clinging to a cliffhanger in my story, an answer revealed.  During the wait prayer occurred daily; therefore, anxiety remained minimal while hanging on the cliff.  I knew that whatever decision developed, it was all a part of His plan for me.  The labels once given have since fell off one by one.  I take one day at a time because that is all I am promised! 

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  Matthew 6:25-27
   

Worry will happen. . .it is who you give it to that matters!

Live life. . .One Day at a Time
Sheree Craig   


No comments:

Post a Comment