Sunday, June 12, 2016

Focus

Have you ever looked forward to a specific event?  Excitement builds as time comes closer to the event.  Whatever happens between the present and the scheduled event seems to be handled with ease.  Your mind is set on what is to come.

My husband and I placed an overnight date on the calendar.  My excitement built, knowing the getaway was soon.  I love my kids and all; but, this date was long overdue.  The day before, pain entered the scene in my gum area.  I don’t take medicine often; therefore, tried other measures to relieve the pain.  Date day arrived and the pain increased.  Tylenol would not even touch it.  I ranked it off the charts.  Really?!?  What perfect timing! 

I ignored, distracted, downed Tylenol (easing the pain down to about a 6) and moved on with the planned date.  I enjoyed time spent with my husband, but not to the fullest.  I worked diligently to ease the pain.  I was bound and determined not to allow some tooth pain to steal the joy of this moment. 

Alongside daily living, a joy stealer exists. . .the enemy prowls around waiting to devour.  Stand firm today and have no allowance for the enemy to enter the scene.  He works diligently to ruin the moment.  Thankfully, our God already defeated the enemy.  We have a specific Place to look forward to as we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.  Excitement will build as we keep focus on the plans He holds for our future.  The momentary trials and troubles can easily be handled knowing full well this is temporary.  Once arrived, our Eternal Home offers joy, peace, love and is void of any pain and sorrow. 

Where are your eyes focused?  Though we do not know the day or time, we can be assured, as God’s children, that the day will come when we meet Him face to face.  This world can bring all kinds of chaos, sadness and difficulties; but, our God will bring us through and continually wait in excitement to hold us again.  He loves you!  He sent His only Son to die for you!  Don’t allow the enemy a foothold to steal the joy of this moment and the promise He offers.  Focus on Eternity NOT the enemy!

I stood firm, not allowing pain to steal such joy planned this past week (sending LOTS of prayers up along with a few tears):


Celebrated Best Friend’s Day – Baked cookies to make ice cream sandwiches and visited a local park!




Celebrated 1st place!


Celebrated Marriage Day – Date night at the Cincinnati Reds game, dinner and ice cream on Fountain Square!

Swimming at the campground!



Live life. . .One Day at a Time

Sheree Craig    

No comments:

Post a Comment