Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Where's God?




It is that moment when. . .

A neighbor stops by to fulfill a favor and takes time out of her day to stay and talk for a while.

My daughter calms me in the middle of the night when experiencing pain from a recent surgery.

My mom’s beautiful voice when my heart needs it the most. 

The loving touch from my husband at the perfect time.

An invite to lunch from loved ones to get me out of the house.

A random woman extending a compliment as I work diligently to fix my hair in the mirror.

Did you see?  Look closely at the incredible, powerful, loving and amazing presence weaved throughout each of the above scenarios. 

His presence prevails daily.  We must look for it, praise Him and walk with confidence as His child.  God never leaves nor forsakes.  His timing perfect! 

He does not always reveal Himself in a bold manner.  His voice not audible for all to hear.  He does not appear in the flesh during a coffee break.  But, my dear friends, He shows up every day in every moment. 

We often ask, “God, where are you?”  The real question is, “What is blinding me from seeing God?”  Our vision fails when the world intervenes in life.  Circumstances, trials, comforts or inner struggle surround us, screaming for attention.  These hinder vision and hearing.  We choose the world’s Band-Aid over God’s healing touch.   

My dear friends, let us not forget.  Let us not lose sight. 

God works through His children.  He created you and me to dwell in this world and bring His children back Home when our time comes.  We are mere vessels – God shows up through vessels with skin on.  God shows up in the beautiful creations surrounding each day.  Look around!  God created that beautiful sunrise, amazing blooms of Spring and wonders in nature.  Listen up!  God created the bird singing good morning to you, the laughter within the children given to you and all the sounds that calm the spirit.  God shows up!

We must acknowledge and praise Him for He is an amazing God.  He remains Victor over this life.  God focused lives leave no room for depression, anxiety and frustration. 

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[
a]
 one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Psalm 16:8-11




Live life. . .One Day at a time! 
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment