Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. . .He Wants it ALL!




Dear younger me. . .

What would you write to a younger version of you?  Hindsight always 20/20, right?

What if you could choose two things to warn the younger you about? 

Avoid the boy/girl in high school that broke your heart
Steer clear of alcohol/drugs
The decisions of others are out of your control
Hurting people hurt people
This world cannot offer a savior – only Heaven holds your Savior

The advice varies dependent on the past.  Every hurt, bad decision, confusing situation or scary moment in the past built the pieces of your character.  God uses each page of your story to build the present and future pages.  Once providing Him the pen, allowing Him to be the author, He will transform the messy beginning into a beautiful ministry to build His Kingdom.

I wish I knew then what I know now. . .
My relationship with Christ developed due to injuries from the weapons of the enemy.  Open wounds healed (and continue to heal) only through Truth, Love and Peace offered by God.  It took a while for me to trust God, understand His Power and rely on Him rather than the world.  Years of disappointment from the world led me to put my guard up when approaching the Cross. 

How can this God love a damaged girl like me?  Does He know all the ugliness of my past?  How can this God forgive me without reprimand or suffering my way back to the “good list”?  I just could not understand.  I could not fully surrender to God.  The people I had encountered thus far in the world eventually left me because I was not good enough to keep around (or so I thought).  This God will eventually get tired of having me around and give up on extending love, right?

If we compare God against past relationships in this world, we will never fully receive His offer.  He does not ask for works to earn a relationship.  He created you and knows every part, good and bad, and still LOVES you.  All that past, He is okay with it if you bring it to the Cross. 

God provides examples throughout the Bible of individuals engaging in a relationship with Him and the mighty transformations occurring in their lives.  Saul a murderer . .see Acts 9.  Rahab a prostitute. . .see Joshua 2.  David considered unworthy by the world’s standards. . .see 1 Samuel.  Joseph sold into slavery. . .see Genesis.    

What would these individuals write to a younger version of themselves?  Would they want to change the paths leading to their transformation?  Who would they become if not for the experiences in the beginnings of their story?

Who would you become if the younger version learned all the knowledge gained over the past years?  What events/situations would you miss?

The development of character, maturing in life and spiritual strength come through bad decisions, painful situations, unbearable news, disappointments, etc.  We take the good and the bad, roll it all up together and shine through.  One foot in front of the other builds a path of mighty influence amongst those we meet.  God uses every move made to impact the world with His presence.  He waits if you need time to choose surrender.  Walking the path alone becomes rocky with numerous falls occurring.  Wounds remain and pain festers.

Will you choose Him today?  Will you ask Him to turn the younger you into a mighty warrior, equipped to build  His Kingdom?  He waits and He desires that relationship regardless of the choices of the younger you. . .


Live life. . .One Day at a time! 
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment