Sunday, December 11, 2016

Passing Time



24 hours – we each receive such a gift over and over and over. . .

How do you spend the 24 hours given daily?  Do you see each hour, minute and second as a gift?  What attitude appears throughout the time given?  Who feels love radiating from your heart during this time?

Tough questions; but, important to approach when recognizing our impact and fulfillment of purpose while living each day.  While answering, you may find areas for improvement.  You may find slight adjustments required to get back on the straight path.  You may realize that some relationships have fallen to the wayside.  Or, you may completely be satisfied with each hour spent daily!

Regardless, take time to assess your 24 hours.  Approach each day as a gift.  Love others with every opportunity.  Live with a smile, knowing all this brokenness is temporary.  Share life with another.  Look to the One Who holds all the strength to accomplish the purpose for your life.  

Easier said than done, right?  The world consumes, demolishes and works diligently to remove joy.  The world is broken; but, here is the great news, we can be whole while walking amongst such brokenness.  God promises much greater than all of this. . .we need to share such Truth with as many as possible so we may spend Eternity with them in Heaven.  

I will not lie, the way I spend each 24 hour time frame provided may not be the prettiest.  I spend way too much time. . .

-Striving for perfection

-Consumed with shame/guilt

-Fighting myself in thought after thought

-Taking for granted the relationships given

-Striving for perfection

-Saying ‘not right now’, when the task I choose to do is not as important as the interruption in front of me

-Looking at the sawdust in another’s eye while avoiding the two large planks sticking out of mine

-Comparing my faults/failures to another’s outward perfection

-Reading of other’s joy on Facebook and condemning self for not experiencing the same

-Striving for perfection

-Taking out physical/emotional exhaustion on the one’s I love the most

-Striving for perfection

-Simply surviving

-Avoiding relaxation in order to ‘get everything done’

-Cleaning the house (which is just fine the way it is)

-Did I mention – Striving for perfection!    

THIS IS INSANITY!  If I took all the energy spent on the laundry list above and put it towards my purpose here, I would bring much more to His Kingdom.  But, He knows I am human and all these above bring closer relationship with Him; for, I know I cannot overcome any of this without His strength.  Does everyday look like what I just described above?  Thankfully, NO!  But, it is only through imprinting His Truth on my heart, singing louder in worship than the devil can hiss at me and reaching out to others when I struggle that I can continually find joy, peace and purpose each 24 hour period.  I am a work in progress. . .
    
Live life. . .One Day at a time!  
Sheree Craig    

No comments:

Post a Comment