Monday, March 26, 2018

Pssst. . .Watch Out for the Phony




Fear is a Liar, by: Zach Williams.  Every lyric speaks loudly to my thoughts.  The chorus captivates my situation, bringing clarity to the struggle. 

Fear – he will take your breath.
Ever had a panic attack?  Oh, you would know if one occurred.   These attacks literally take every breath and multiply it by five.  Heavy breathing, intense emotion, overwhelming hot flash and spinning environment.  The only thought running through the mind is the one planted by fear.  When I stand face to face with the liar, I panic.  Suffocation comes and I see no escape.

Fear – he stops you in your steps.
When the liar enters the situation, I freeze.  I enter the “what if” zone and push away reality.  I stand frozen on the path in life.  What if I step forward?  The situation ahead looks scary, overwhelming and I just don’t want to walk through a storm again.  I will play it safe and remain standing in fear. 

Fear – he robs your rest.
Captivating every thought, the liar won’t quit until he wins.  The physical body could be exhausted; but, the mind cannot rest.  The liar shows up in my dreams, wakes me throughout the night and then eventually leads to me throwing in the towel and beginning another day earlier than desired. 

Fear – he steals your happiness.
The liar wants nothing more than misery to lead me away from God.  God will not bring chaos, misery, pain, worry or hatred to your thoughts.  God is peace, love, comfort, healing and forgiveness.  When I allow the liar into the situation, a fog enters in that moment, blinding me of Truth.  I lose happiness in that moment.  I miss out on a good memory in that moment.  I surrender my moment, one by one, to the liar. 

Fear entered the scene at birth.  I feared being alone as a child.  I feared other’s opinions in this world upon entering the school years.  I feared failure.  I feared the dark.  The liar was present from the get go. 

Over the years the fears changed and conformed within each chapter.  The liar remains. . .

The difference now?  Fear lingers around every corner; but, my God promised to calm the situation.  My God promised to love over fear.  My God promised to comfort, to heal and forgive when I let fear dictate decisions. 

I realized Who provides the breath of life!  Then the Lord God formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.  Genesis 2:7

I realized Who prepares the way for each step taken in faith.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6

I realized Who offers peace, allowing rest unlike anything this world can provide.  27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27

I realized Who allows joy to overflow even in the toughest of storms.  11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Psalm 16:11 

Does fear still enter the scene and throw lies my way?  Of course; but, I grab God’s Hand a bit tighter when the lies creep in and replace each one with Truth.  Some situations take a whole lot more Truth spoken before fear loses; yet, some situations fear cannot even touch due to the Truth that killed the lie over the years. 

FEAR – HE IS A LIAR!  Cast your fear, lay it at the Cross, take God’s Hand and let Him speak Truth into your mind.  This world wants to tear us down, let us walk this journey together building one another up and redirecting each other toward God in every situation.


Live life. . .One Day at a time! 
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment