Friday, September 27, 2019

No Purpose in the Pit





A beautiful butterfly takes time to develop into the creation we admire.  The little creature catches our eye when fluttering past.  To begin the process, an egg produces a caterpillar.  Synonyms for caterpillar include worm, maggot, larva, etc.  A vision of beauty does not arise when hearing the word maggot! 

The caterpillar takes a journey into a chrysalis, hides out and transforms into a beautiful butterfly that we enjoy.  More people take pictures of butterflies than caterpillars I am sure.  Butterflies are more appealing to the eye.

Do you think a butterfly wishes to return to a caterpillar stage?  They would give up flying to return to crawling along the rough, dangerous ground. 

Do you think a butterfly longs to hide in a chrysalis?  They would give up beauty and freedom to return to the hardships involved in transformation.

How often do we wish for a different stage of life?  Do you ever long to go somewhere and hide out?  Does a time in your past bring shame to your present journey?

A beautiful spirit takes time to develop.  The maturity we long for inside requires a process.  Each day builds on the next.  Each lesson learned, often through hardships, is part of the transformation.

I could create a long list of moments in the past I regret.  Often, those events creep into my thoughts and the enemy twists them in hopes to bring me down.  The enemy desires me to crash, crawl back into my pit and hide out.  This battle could go in two directions. . .

I could choose to fall in a dark pit of shame, guilt, regret, anger and sadness.  Allowing the enemy to win delays the greatness that God plans for this chapter of my life.  The journey stalls and my purpose cannot be fulfilled.  Choosing the pit over the path steals my joy in this moment and hides the light of God.

I could choose to combat the enemy’s lies with God’s Truth.  As I turn up the volume on God’s voice, the enemy cowers down.  God reveals the beauty that developed from my past.  Each moment in the prior chapters of my life have purpose.  Yes, they were difficult; but, without them, I would not be as strong and beautiful on the inside as I am in this moment. 

God prepares us daily for the next page, the following chapter and continues to write our story in life.  Looking back in shame hinders forward progress.  Rereading the past chapters in life breaks open the wounds.  Visiting the pit of the past steals our purpose of the present. 

Stand strong dear friends.  Don’t allow the enemy to lead you back in the pit.  There is no purpose in the pit.  God has transformed you from your past to move forward on the path laid before you and fulfill a mighty purpose.  Use the transformation to help others out of their pit.  Use spiritual growth to lead others down the path of recovery, growth and peace. 


17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.[a] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Take one step at a time forward on your journey in life.

 

Live life. . .One Day at a time! 
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment