Thursday, August 23, 2018

It is Just a Movie




Okay, I need you to sit down for this one. . .

I have heartbreaking news.  Hallmark movies are not real life scenarios.  IKR, heartbreaking.  I absolutely love a good Hallmark movie.  I escape in the beautiful stories depicted in the lives of each character.  I enjoy the amazing scenery, displaying whichever season the movie takes place. 

None begin with ‘based on a true story’.  The screenplay veers from reality quite a bit.  Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful for Hallmark movies.  I am slightly addicted to them.  But, this everyday real-life stuff does not mirror Hallmark movies. 

Romeo doesn’t always chase after Juliet.  Life isn’t sunshine and rainbows every day.  Good people don’t win in every situation.  And, most important (don’t miss this one). . .we may never get that passionate, loving embrace from another.  Oh yeah, and the kiss that happens at the end of EVERY. SINGLE. MOVIE. 

The movies bring about emotion each time.  Why?  I think we long for the quiet, joy, peace and belonging displayed in these movies.  We were created with a desire for more than this life can offer.  A void exists that cannot be filled with anything the world provides.

Relationships are scary, complicated and disappointing at times.  Life is messy, difficult and doesn’t make sense on most occasions.  Often, when we need it the most, no person in flesh can love away the pain felt inside.  No person in the flesh can heal a wound.  It takes more. . .

If we ground ourselves in this world, we continue to walk on shifting sand.  Unsteady gait leads to falls, which leads to wounds.  If we fall without the proper tools to stand back up, we lay there only to be buried by life and all its circumstances.  The darkness will overcome.  We are left to reach for anything just to survive; even if the survival tool handed to us only helps temporarily.

Okay, so what does all this have to do with Hallmark movies?  They are just movies, right?  Well, yes!  But, if we get caught up in comparing our lives to those in the movies, those depicted in pictures on Facebook, the scripts read on Twitter or the scenes played out on Snapchat, we lose sight of the blessing in our own lives.  We lose sight of the One Who offers Truth to create a solid path on which to walk in life. 

God offers the tools required to survive.  God fills the void.  The Holy Spirit is our guide.  God will not disappoint, leave or give up on you.  God provides quiet, joy, peace and belonging.  He is your one true Savior.  His Way is everlasting.  The temporary in this life will never satisfy.  His love will bring indescribable comfort.

When I open my eyes to Him, I can see clearly the blessing provided in this life and remain hopeful for the place He saves for me in Eternity.  God gave me a loving husband who adores me even with my messy baggage.  God gives me opportunity to love others daily and shine His Light onto them.  He blessed me with two angels; one to encourage and take care of me and another to keep me filled with joy and love me like crazy.  God is good.  The world tries to mask His goodness, to veer us onto sandy ground. 

Choose Truth today.  Choose reality.  Embrace the blessings amongst the messy life you experience.  Know that this life is not all that He has planned for you.  He wants your help in this life to show others Him.  He wants you to encourage others to come to Him, meet Him at the Cross and give their lives in surrender.  Will you help Him today?

Oh yeah, I think He may like for you to watch a Hallmark movie, or two, or three. . . 😉      
          
 
Live life. . .One Day at a time! 
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment