Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I Have Had Enough!

Rigid = prison
Rigid = solitary confinement in prison
Rigid = starvation sitting in solitary confinement in prison
Rigid = leads to death through starvation sitting in solitary confinement in prison

Rigidity sucks the very life out of Every. Single. Day.  Rigidity prevents maturity.  Rigidity builds walls, one brick at a time, around our heart, soul and mind. 

Flexibility – Leniency – Gentleness – Tolerant – Broken! 

Flexibility allows God to use His vessels He deemed worthy enough to bring into this world.  Leniency opens tightly closed hands, bringing readiness to serve.  Gentleness calms a storm.  Tolerant offers grace.  Broken is Beautiful!

God, make me broken.  Provide the strength to break down the brick walls.  Give me a spirit filled with gentleness and open my tightly closed hands to walk the path paved for me.  I approach the Cross today, with ideas of what the future may be for my family; but, God, I may be wrong.  Help me, guide my feet as I humbly approach You this day! 

Too long!  I have had enough!  I quit!  I am starving to death sitting in solitary confinement of my own prison!

Rigidity consumes Every. Single. Day.  It has been used for a survival tool in the years of chaos.  I used rigidity to build walls of protection, safety and comfort.  Problems accumulated as I denied the angels sent by my Heavenly Father to help me through the chaos.  I refused help from anyone except my rigid self.  Rigidity built rules to follow and strengthen prison walls.  I found that every day another rule developed; therefore, I could not keep up with it all and constantly felt failure.  The rules moved further and further from reality.  I lived in a prison.  I live in a prison. 

Approaching the Cross December 2003 with a frail frame, malnourished, blurred vision, weak hands and unrecognizable to self, God waited with open arms.  The long journey to the Cross felt like an eternity. Even then, approaching the Cross did not break down all the walls, open the prison doors and cause rigidity to erase from my vocabulary. . .

Be patient my dear friend, God is working in you.  He is working in me.  I am excited every time a brick breaks to pieces and another portion of the rigid wall falls.  It hurts.  It scares me to no end.  It changes everything.  I learned rigidity cannot be present because the walls block my Heavenly Father from working mightily through my life.  On December 18, 2003, God began taking one brick at a time away at a pace He knows I can handle.  The prison doors are open wide and the walls are being demolished. 

Will you approach the Cross today?  Will you allow God to break down the walls?  Be patient my dear friend, God works at the most perfect speed!  Let us walk through this world broken, being remade for God.  Let us tolerate only what His Word says is true.  Let us be gentle, focusing on the needs of others despite our rigid plan.  Let us lay down at the Cross every morning, allowing leniency and flexibility to His plan occur.       

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
    a broken and contrite heart
    you, God, will not despise.
  Psalm 51:17

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans.  Proverbs 16:3


Live life. . .One Day at a time! 

Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment